Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Manic Monday

Kayla has officially started school. Today was only day 3 and it was a crazy one...
Amaya woke up at 4:30am for a feeding and again at 5:50am. At 6:40am I was in that state of sleep where you're not awake but you're not asleep when I heard "MIMA! MIMA!" followed by crying.  I spent the next 5 minutes trying to detach my boob from Amaya's mouth without waking her up. Get upstairs and I see my mom dressed and ready for work with the exception of rollers in her hair, giving Elyse a quick bath. She had peed in her sleep and was drenched in pee. My stepfather was leaning over the tub warning me it was broken, something I didn't comprehend until I decided to take a shower 10 minutes later. It is only 7am. My mom and Sam race out the door and I rush to throw all the sheets, pillows, and stuffed animals in the wash, make breakfast and jump in the shower. Then I realize, the knob to the water is broken and will not stay on or turn. Somehow I managed to jam it on and turn on the water by holding it in and turning real quick and tight. It was scalding hot but I didn't have time to mess with it. It's 7:20am and Amaya is awake already. I was able to get out the door with all 3 kids and no more incidents or crying (miracle) by 8:06am and made it to Kayla's school 10 minutes early ;-)

After school I decided to go to Wal-Mart for a few odds and ends. This is where my day gets really good. Both kids are exhausted and whiny because they have been up for so long. Elyse is having a break down because she just doesn't want to walk and I can't find a cart big enough for the 3 of them. I put her on the handles of the stroller, which I used to do with Kayla when Elyse was a baby. She was eating her snack of grapes when all of the sudden she starts choking. Simultaneously she falls to the floor and starts running away screaming, gagging and choking, while the stroller flips down to the ground with Amaya still in her car seat strapped in. Now I have a crying frightened baby and a choking 3 year old who decides it's best to run away from me while choking and spewing Hawaii Punch colored vomit all over Wal-Mart. Some lady is standing there looking at my freak show horrified and saying "She's choking!!" It was something out of a tv show. The woman must have thought I was a nut job. I had to run after Elyse, thump her back, pump her stomach, and cup her vomit, all while Amaya is screaming her head off and Kayla is excitedly giving me a play by play of what's happening..in the middle of Wal-Mart.  It was pure madness. 

And that was my Monday. I can't wait to see how the rest of my week goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment