Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Week in Review

After Monday's incident at Wal-Mart I was hoping my week would get better. Not so much...it was a roller coaster of a week. 
Kayla started taking the school bus home. It took her until Wednesday to realize when it was her stop. She would sit there in la la land until they had to actually call her name to get off.
Tuesday she threw the worst tantrum because she didn't want to leave her grandparents house. She screamed and cried the entire 40 minute ride home. It took all of my energy to ignore her. Then she accused me of not caring about her. I just kept wondering where was the "return to sender" option on the last year of my life. Before all that happened I fed the baby solid food for the first time and she loved it. Always enjoy their first reaction to real food

Wednesday while I was cooking dinner Ricky found Kayla cutting Elyse's hair with a pair of children's scissors. Thank God he checked on them when he did because there was already a good amount of hair there. Even though he caught her red handed, Kayla tried to tell me Elyse did it to herself.
Thursday was my birthday...whoo hooo, not. This is my last year in my 20's and I'm hoping the year ahead is a good one.  Not feelin the whole getting older thing that keeps happening...it kinda sorta sucks.

Friday was the icing on the cake. I went outside to get something from my car and my dog chased a skunk under my car, who in turn, sprayed him in the face. I highly recommend you never let your dog even look at a skunk. The dog was in the house for two seconds before I realized what happened and the smell is still lingering. Of course this was at 10pm at night when the temperature had dropped to 45 degrees. I left the poor dog outside for the night. I set up a bed for him but I'm sure he was so confused he barely slept. My wonderful aunt let me bring him to her house and helped me wash him the next morning. Skunk spray is so strong the smell can last up to 2 years. Seriously hoping that doesn't happen or he will live in my aunt's back yard for the rest of his life.
Ended the week on a high note though. My bff came for a impromptu visit Sunday and I got to see her and my godson. Probably won't see her again for some time so that was nice.

1 comment: