Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sleep Interrupted

I may never get a decent night's sleep again.  The really depresses me.  I don't even know what a decent nights sleep feels like anymore.  My teenage cousin is always complaining about being tired after school...I want to slap her every time. I want to wake up in a good mood for once and not be this cranky sleep-deprived mother.  Even when I try to get to sleep early something always happens. Two night ago I was actually woken up at 2:30am by the child in my womb.  I think she was trying to escape...I'm serious. She was kicking and punching me so hard and frequent that it actually woke me up.  Then last night I went to bed at 8pm because I was so exhausted. At 8:45 my phone rang 4x.  I ignored it because it was my brother-in-law. Then it rang again-it was my husband wondering why I wasn't picking up his brother's calls. REALLY? Then at 1am I had to pee.  Getting out of bed and getting to the bathroom at this stage of my pregnancy is an ordeal in itself.  By the time I was done it was probably 1:30am. Then at 5am I was awakened by the sound of both kids crying.  Kayla had a nightmare and her crying woke up Elyse. I soothed them both and got back in bed. I then spent the next hour trying to keep Elyse out of my bed. She finally stopped trying but they were both up and ready to start the day at 7:45. I'm tired just thinking about it all over again....

No comments:

Post a Comment